Tuesday, January 22, 2008

That Doesn't Mean It Didn't Happen



It's rare, as I said in a previous post, that I get to impress the teenage Rebel. I take whatever fleeting moment I can. So when I was told that ZENITH was No.2 in the bebo fiction charts, I couldn't wait for Rebel and friends to come in from school, and for the Almost Legendary Guitar Hero to come in from work, so that I could announce that I was higher in the charts than Slash, the Actual Legendary Guitar Hero from Guns n Roses and latterly Velvet Revolver (we saw VR last autumn and my ears buzzed for a week).

Of course by the time you read this the moment might have passed. I might have crashed and Slash might be rising again. But in the words of the man himself, That Doesn't Mean It Didn't Happen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could you print it out? I admit to doing this with something of mine in the Guardian, when it was particularly flatteringly positioned. I need it to remind myself I'm not a total and utter complete failure.

JULIE BERTAGNA said...

I think I'll just enjoy the moment. It might already have passed....

Failure? With such a fine blog and its illustrious line up of names (causing such great blogspats too)? Never.