Friday, March 21, 2008

From Slash to Edith



Yes, quite a leap there. From demented rock god to Edith Wharton. But Ms Wharton was far more the rebellious spirit of the cartoon, above, than the prim lady of her portrait. So maybe they would get along.

I'm staggeringly late in putting this up, but better late than never (as I always say to my publishers).

I was honoured when one of my favourite 'online coffeestops', the wonderful Normblog, invited me to join his illustrious list of writers. I had to write about my favourite book for Norm's Writer's Choice series. An enjoyable task which proved almost impossible. So, in the end, after ransacking my bookshelves and ending up with a pile on the floor almost as tall as myself, I settled for one of my most favourite books (the one I'd re-read most recently): Edith Wharton's The Age of Innocence.

You can read my Writer's Choice here and there are lots more.
Here's the Amazon link if you would like to read it yourself.

No comments: